- CJBAT is the admission exam into the Law Enforcement and Correctional Officer programs.
- TEAS is the admission exam into the nursing programs, such as LPN and RN.
- HESI is the admission exam into the Dental Hygiene program.
Basic Skills Exams
- GED is the Florida-approved high school equivalency exam for candidates seeking a high school diploma.
- The Test of Adult Basic Education, TABE, assess the basic skills in reading, writing, and mathematics. PHSC administers the TABE to assess the basic skills of students enrolled in technical credit programs who have to meet basic skills requirements for certification.
Common Placement Exams
- The Postsecondary Education Readiness Test, PERT, is the official common placement exam of Pasco-Hernando State College.
- ACCUPLACER offers tests similar to the PERT. PHSC administers the ACCUPLACER's College Level Math subtest for placement into advanced math courses.
Non-PHSC Distance Learning Proctored Exams
- Non-students exams for other institutions.
Industry Certification Exams
- MSSC offers certification in manufacturing production. The Certified Production Technician (CPT) certification is awarded upon completion of four sub-tests including safety, quality practices and measurements, processes and production, and maintenance awareness.
- Pearson VUE offers multiple industry certification exams in IT and Business fields. Examples include the following:
- IT: Adobe, Cisco, CompTIA, Dell, IBM, Microsoft, etc.
- Business: Financial, Food Safety, Sports Medicine, etc.
- Florida Certification Board (FCB) offers industry certification for 32 health and human service professions aligned with addictions, child welfare, mental health, health, and other areas.
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA) provides certification for several health professions found at PHSC. This includes Phlebotomy Technician (CPT), Medical Assistant (CCMA), and more.
Prior Learning Assessments
Save time and money toward college completion with any of our prior learning exams! Many higher education institutions, including PHSC, award college credit based on scores from Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) exams meeting requirements set by institutional policy.
- CLEP exams offered through the College Board assess prior learning knowledge in 33 subject areas.
- DSST from Prometric offers several upper- and lower-level exams in a variety of subjects.
- UExcel exams from Excelsior College are administered through Pearson VUE and offer credit-by-exam testing in business, IT, education, humanities, natural sciences, mathematics, social sciences, and history.
Some exams must be initially scheduled through vendor websites: CLEP, DSST, Pearson VUE, GED, NHA, MSSC, and UExcel.